Back to last 2 weeks topic, we were talking about cleaning tips that dont work and ways to use Ikea’s rack outside of the kitchen. What about today? Today, we are going to talk about battling back against the annoying bed bugs.
The signs of a bed bugs infestation are hard to miss, people used to launder infested fabrics after finding a bed bug infestation at home. It’s a no-no! Please don’t do that! What you should do is to wash items in hot water and dry them on high heat. Well, I’ll explain more to you in details below.
IF YOU HAVE BED BUGS, ACT FAST TO GET RID OF THEM
- Spots of blood on sheets and mattresses
- Red, itchy bite marks, especially on arms and shoulders
- Bugs along the seams of your mattress
CALL AN EXTERMINATOR
- You can completely get rid of bed bugs on your own
- A professional exterminator can eliminate the infestation
VACUUM THE INFESTED AREA
- Use a vacuum with a removable bag
- Don’t use attachment brushes or bristles
LAUNDER INFESTED FABRICS
- Items must be washed in hot water
- Dry items on high heat
DON’T SLEEP ELSEWHERE
- Moving from an infested bed to another location will spread the bugs
- Contact an exterminator quickly to avoid spreading the infestation
CONSIDER USING ENCASEMENTS
- Encasements can cover mattresses and box springs
- They trap bugs inside, where they die, to help prevent new infestations
Does this article help? Please let us know what you would like to know about home and living/home decorations!
News source: (BrittSE)